Norwich road closed as fire crews battle blaze in block of flats
- Credit: Google
Emergency services attended a blaze in a block of flats in a busy residential area of Norwich.
Three fire crews from Carrow and Wroxham were called to the flats on Southwell Road in Lakenham just before 12pm on Thursday.
Police and ambulance also attended the scene and Southwell Road was temporarily closed while officers extinguished the flames.
Officers used hose reel jets, breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera to ensure residents' safety.
Crews stood down at 1.35pm this afternoon and the road was reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody is believed to be seriously hurt and the incident is not being treated as arson.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus