Norwich road closed as fire crews battle blaze in block of flats
- Credit: Google
Emergency services attended a blaze in a block of flats in a busy residential area of Norwich.
Three fire crews from Carrow and Wroxham were called to the flats on Southwell Road in Lakenham just before 12pm on Thursday.
Police and ambulance also attended the scene and Southwell Road was temporarily closed while officers extinguished the flames.
Officers used hose reel jets, breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera to ensure residents' safety.
Crews stood down at 1.35pm this afternoon and the road was reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody is believed to be seriously hurt and the incident is not being treated as arson.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
- 10 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw