‘I want it to be the best thing out there’ – Bill’s founder talks Norwich restaurant refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Bill's Norwich will be closing temporarily from the end of this month for refurbishment work.
The café restaurant, which is located just outside Castle Mall, will be closing for work at 4pm on October 28 and is planned to reopen again on November 5 with a new look.
Bill Collison, founder and namesake of Bill's, said: 'We felt it was time to put some lipstick on her. It's a lovely space to have some fun with.'
Mr Collison's restaurant career began with growing fresh farm produce and turning it into dishes to serve to customers. He said the new look of the Norwich Bill's is a surprise but to expect 'farmhouse glamour in the décor and the food.'
Chain restaurants Carluccio's and Prezzo both recently announced the closure of Norwich branches. When asked what gives Bill's sticking power in this climate Mr Collison said: 'It's my life. I want it to be the best thing out there. It's about putting on a show everyday and giving our guests love.
You may also want to watch:
'I spend a lot of time in Norwich – my son has just started at university and we have lots of friends there. It reminds me of my lovely Lewes. The town I was brought up in. There's definitely a similar bohemian feel.'
Mr Collison founded Bill's in 2000 and there are now more than 100 restaurants across the country.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 7 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 8 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
- 9 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
Will you be checking out Bill's new look when it reopens? Let us know in the comments.