‘I want it to be the best thing out there’ – Bill’s founder talks Norwich restaurant refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Bill's Norwich will be closing temporarily from the end of this month for refurbishment work.
The café restaurant, which is located just outside Castle Mall, will be closing for work at 4pm on October 28 and is planned to reopen again on November 5 with a new look.
Bill Collison, founder and namesake of Bill's, said: 'We felt it was time to put some lipstick on her. It's a lovely space to have some fun with.'
Mr Collison's restaurant career began with growing fresh farm produce and turning it into dishes to serve to customers. He said the new look of the Norwich Bill's is a surprise but to expect 'farmhouse glamour in the décor and the food.'
Chain restaurants Carluccio's and Prezzo both recently announced the closure of Norwich branches. When asked what gives Bill's sticking power in this climate Mr Collison said: 'It's my life. I want it to be the best thing out there. It's about putting on a show everyday and giving our guests love.
You may also want to watch:
'I spend a lot of time in Norwich – my son has just started at university and we have lots of friends there. It reminds me of my lovely Lewes. The town I was brought up in. There's definitely a similar bohemian feel.'
Mr Collison founded Bill's in 2000 and there are now more than 100 restaurants across the country.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 10 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
Will you be checking out Bill's new look when it reopens? Let us know in the comments.