Big names in comedy announced to play in Norwich’s Laugh in the Park festival
- Credit: Archant
Laugh in the Park has shown it is well and truly back on Norwich's art scene by announcing a stellar line up of comedy talent for this year's event.
Acts including Seann Walsh, Simon Evans and Jo Caulfied will entertain the Norfolk audience between July 23 and 26 at Chapelfield Gardens.
Kicking off what promises to be four days of sharp humour, quick gags and slick one liners will be mime act Boy With Tape On His Face - who has featured on the Royal Variety Performance.
And on Sunday the UK's favourite South London lad Lee Nelson takes to the stage. Nelson, real name Simon Brodkin, is known for his controversial antics including trying to blend in with the England football team as they boarded a plan to Miami in 2014.
Organised by Red Card Comedy Club, the festival took a two year break before it made a popular return last year.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its seventh year at Chapelfield, Laugh in the Park director Derek Robertson said he is pleased with this year's line up.
'We're looking forward to it immensely,' he said.
- 1 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 6 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 7 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
'It should be the best one yet. The names we've got, including Seann Walsh and Tom Deacon, are incredible and to secure them is incredible. It just goes to show that comedy in Norfolk is on the map.
'Now people know the festival is back we hope they have a good and enjoyable time.'
• Gates open at 6pm and shows start at 8pm - refreshments are available.
• What do you think of this year's Laugh in the Park line up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org