Big names in comedy announced to play in Norwich’s Laugh in the Park festival
- Credit: Archant
Laugh in the Park has shown it is well and truly back on Norwich's art scene by announcing a stellar line up of comedy talent for this year's event.
Acts including Seann Walsh, Simon Evans and Jo Caulfied will entertain the Norfolk audience between July 23 and 26 at Chapelfield Gardens.
Kicking off what promises to be four days of sharp humour, quick gags and slick one liners will be mime act Boy With Tape On His Face - who has featured on the Royal Variety Performance.
And on Sunday the UK's favourite South London lad Lee Nelson takes to the stage. Nelson, real name Simon Brodkin, is known for his controversial antics including trying to blend in with the England football team as they boarded a plan to Miami in 2014.
Organised by Red Card Comedy Club, the festival took a two year break before it made a popular return last year.
Now in its seventh year at Chapelfield, Laugh in the Park director Derek Robertson said he is pleased with this year's line up.
'We're looking forward to it immensely,' he said.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
'It should be the best one yet. The names we've got, including Seann Walsh and Tom Deacon, are incredible and to secure them is incredible. It just goes to show that comedy in Norfolk is on the map.
'Now people know the festival is back we hope they have a good and enjoyable time.'
• Gates open at 6pm and shows start at 8pm - refreshments are available.
• What do you think of this year's Laugh in the Park line up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org