Big Brother's Jon Tickle in Norwich science visit
Kim BriscoeA former Big Brother contestant and television science presenter will be launching a science project in Norwich this month.Kim Briscoe
A former Big Brother contestant and television science presenter will be launching a science project in Norwich this month.
Jon Tickle is well known for his work on the children's show Brainiac, where he helped to answer scientific mysteries and carry out experiments.
Mr Tickle will be visiting Norwich's Inspire Discovery Centre, of which he is a patron, on Saturday, April 17, to launch a science timeline project.
Inspire is endeavouring to create the most comprehensive timeline of important scientific dates and they need the public's help to do it.
You may also want to watch:
The Oak Street-based centre is inviting members of the public to send in postcards with details of important scientific dates that they think should be put on the timeline.
Mr Tickle said: 'This is a really exciting idea. It's great to see a project that everyone can get involved in and contribute their ideas to. It's not just the people of Norwich - this can get the country involved in thinking about where science has come from and where it is going.'
- 1 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 2 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 3 Five teenagers arrested after boy stabbed in Norwich
- 4 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 5 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 6 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 7 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 8 Bar for sale after businessman scraps reopening project
- 9 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 10 Man's body discovered near A47 flyover on edge of Norwich
The timeline will start at the big bang and will include up-to-the-minute events.
Inspire staff will collate the dates and put them on the timeline, which will then be put on its website with details of submitters and interesting facts about which dates were the most popular.
On the day all entry prices will be cut to �2 to launch the project, and opening times are 10am to 5pm. Inspire
More information is available by calling 01603 612612 or online at www.inspirediscoverycentre.com.