Date announced for Big Boom fireworks display
- Credit: Danielle Booden
The date of Norwich's Big Boom fireworks display has been announced.
Returning to the city for a seventh time, this year's Big Boom will take place on Friday, November 8.
Organised by Norwich City Council, since its inception the free event has grown in scale and popularity and last year attracted more than 10,000 people into the city centre who lined the streets to see fireworks set off from the top of Norwich Castle.
This year's display will be managed by Pains Fireworks, world renowned for its professional displays and steeped in history, dating all the way back to Guy Fawkes himself.
Seating for disabled people attending Big Boom will be at the motorbike park on St Peters Street.
You may also want to watch:
Any city centre road closures will be confirmed nearer the time.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time