Date announced for Big Boom fireworks display
- Credit: Danielle Booden
The date of Norwich's Big Boom fireworks display has been announced.
Returning to the city for a seventh time, this year's Big Boom will take place on Friday, November 8.
Organised by Norwich City Council, since its inception the free event has grown in scale and popularity and last year attracted more than 10,000 people into the city centre who lined the streets to see fireworks set off from the top of Norwich Castle.
This year's display will be managed by Pains Fireworks, world renowned for its professional displays and steeped in history, dating all the way back to Guy Fawkes himself.
Seating for disabled people attending Big Boom will be at the motorbike park on St Peters Street.
You may also want to watch:
Any city centre road closures will be confirmed nearer the time.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 5 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police