Date announced for Big Boom fireworks display
- Credit: Danielle Booden
The date of Norwich's Big Boom fireworks display has been announced.
Returning to the city for a seventh time, this year's Big Boom will take place on Friday, November 8.
Organised by Norwich City Council, since its inception the free event has grown in scale and popularity and last year attracted more than 10,000 people into the city centre who lined the streets to see fireworks set off from the top of Norwich Castle.
This year's display will be managed by Pains Fireworks, world renowned for its professional displays and steeped in history, dating all the way back to Guy Fawkes himself.
Seating for disabled people attending Big Boom will be at the motorbike park on St Peters Street.
You may also want to watch:
Any city centre road closures will be confirmed nearer the time.
- 1 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 2 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 3 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 4 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 5 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 6 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 7 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 8 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 9 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 10 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid