Bidding begins for Norwich business’s 30,000th bottle of gin
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich business is auctioning off its 30,000th bottle of gin to help raise money for charity.
Jonathan and Alison Redding, of Norfolk Gin, have produced 1,384 batches of gin to reach the landmark figure.
The couple began making their artisan gin in 2015. After reaching 30,000, Mr Redding decided to offer the bottle to the highest bidder and will donate the money to The Samaritans.
Mr Redding said: “It’s just two people working out of a small shed, its a lot of work to get that many.
“I am a long time supporter of The Samaritans. Whatever the trouble we have got they are there. They are there to support and help people.”
You may also want to watch:
When the business reached its 25,000th bottle it auctioned off the bottle to raise money for Burnham Market’s hospice, raising several hundred pounds. The auction will end on Sunday.
Anyone wishing to bid on the bottle can contact Norfolk Gin through its Twitter or Instagram account. Bids can also be made through their website.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 6 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 7 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 8 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 9 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 10 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles