7 of the best places for a roast dinner in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
With fluffy Yorkshire puddings and crispy roast potatoes, here are seven of the best places to get a roast dinner in Norwich on Sundays.
1. Temple Bar
2 Unthank Road, NR2 2RA
The roasts at this Irish pub are described by many locals as the best in the city and come with succulent meats, with a vegan option too, served with moreish red cabbage jam, seasonal vegetables, a giant Yorkshire pudding and a generous helping of cauliflower cheese. Make sure to book a table in advance as it is often packed on a Sunday, which you can do by messaging the Temple Bar Facebook page.
2. The Golden Star
57 Colegate, NR3 1DD
There is a choice of top rump of beef, Swannington pork belly or Norfolk turkey, with weekly vegetarian and vegan options, accompanied by crispy roast potatoes, a homemade Yorkshire pudding, vegetables and cauliflower cheese. It is seriously tasty and great value at £10 a meal, with tempting desserts on offer too such as a chocolate brownie with ice cream and a regular and vegan ice cream sundae.
3. Too Fat Roasties at The Reindeer
- 1 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 2 Will Sweet Briar Road repairs be completed by the end of the month?
- 3 Where to watch thousands of dominoes topple through Norwich
- 4 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 5 Man given flat just THREE DAYS before he'd have to live out of car
- 6 City to be given a say on million pound street plans
- 7 Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre returns with stalls, live music and 'great food'
- 8 Single mum summoned to court SIX YEARS after parking charge issued
- 9 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
- 10 Thousands of people crowd into city to watch 2.2km domino topple
10 Dereham Road, NR2 4AY
Too Fat Roasties has been running a Sunday pop-up at The Reindeer since the pub reopened after lockdown and offers meats such as a braised beef short rib and roast loin of pork with crackling served with all the trimmings, red cabbage and a delicious butternut squash purée. The pub offers a great drinks menu along with a large cider selection too. Make sure to book ahead by calling or texting 07534 944242.
4. The Eagle
33 Newmarket Rd, NR2 2HN
The roasts at The Eagle are often raved about and there is a choice of beef, pork, chicken or a nut roast. If the weather is nice they have a spacious beer garden with plenty of tables and it was refurbished during lockdown too.
5. The Sir Garnet
36 Market Place, NR2 1RD
This popular city centre spot is a great place for a Sunday lunch before visiting the shops and they offer giant portions with tender meats, crispy roast potatoes, a Yorkshire pudding and plenty of vegetables.
6. Unthank Arms
149 Newmarket Street, NR2 2DR
The Unthank Arms offers hearty roasts, with a choice of Blythburgh shoulder of pork, Swannington beef, with an ‘all the meats option’ too, or a vegan homemade nut roast. All meals are served with roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, Savoy cabbage, braised red cabbage and vegan or regular gravy.
7. The Black Horse
50 Earlham Road, NR2 3DE
Roast dinners have now returned to The Black Horse for autumn and feature a tower of meats, vegetables and a huge Yorkshire pudding and there are a great range of beers on offer to enjoy with it.