Best of the Web, January 9, 2010
Simon ParkinTo join the Lying Down Club, you must be photographed horizontal. Arms straight and flat against your sides, body rigid, and face down.Simon Parkin
To join the Lying Down Club, you must be photographed horizontal. Arms straight and flat against your sides, body rigid, and face down. Like you are a human ironing board. Then upload your photo to Facebook and add it to the Lying Down Game's photos. That's it. This simplest of concepts became one of the biggest hits on Facebook this year. It's a whole new kind of fun invented by the internet just for you.
You may also want to watch:
Go to this site and ask it a question. Do you want to know what the general consensus is on Barack Obama's administration? What people think about Jaffa Cakes? Whether X Factor is still any good? This site will tell you. It searches Google, Yahoo or Bing.com (or all three) and summarises the positive and negative answers it finds, then shows you a simple chart. Use it to win bets and prove your points in school essays.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
What weird oddnesses do you notice as you're walking around? Next time you notice something, snap a photo of it and stick it here. Just noticing something gets you 10 points. Noticing something every day for a week gets you 70 more. Noticing something lost doubles your score.
The number of the vampire
Comparing apples and oranges
Wrds wtht vwls
Mr Dick Assman
Amazing crayon sculptures
Inside Russian war bunkers
Creepy TV ads
2010 odd science awards
Brrr, put another bunny on the fire
Top NASA images of all time
Sam Mendes to direct Bond
2009 was Sandra Bullock's year
Beneath the Vegas strip