BEAUTY: How can you recreate the biggest makeup look for Spring?
Emma HarrowingCorals are big news in makeup this season, but how do you create spring's natural look? Makeup artist Charles Gillman shows you how to achieve the look in this step by step guide.Emma Harrowing
Corals are big news in makeup this season, but how do you create spring's natural look? Makeup artist Charles Gillman shows you how to achieve the look in this step by step guide. BY EMMA HARROWING
The look: Coral Nudes
Go natural with corals and browns. This trend is all about making your skin look naturally fresh looking. Perfect for a daytime look this Spring.
Get the look
After cleansing, toning and moisturising the skin use a foundation that matches you skin tone to create a flawless base.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 5 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 6 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 7 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 8 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 9 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 10 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
Cover up any blemishes, red patches or dark circles with a concealer a shade lighter than your skin tone.
For the eyes: Use a nude coral colour eye shadow across the eyelid from lash to crease. Then use a light brown eye shadow on the outer edge of the eye lid. Blend with a brush to create a soft smoky eye.
Use a brown gel eye liner to draw a line close to the top and bottom lashes to define the eyes. Finish with a coat of black or brown mascara.
For the cheeks: use a coral cream blusher and apply to the apples of the cheeks. Blend up along the cheekbones towards the hair line.
For the lips: create a soft look by using a coral lip colour and apply across the lips with a brush. Finish with a layer of clear lip gloss.
Coral Nude makeup buys
Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals California Coral Pot Rouge, �16.50, House of Fraser
George four collection eye palette in mermaid, �4.50, Asda
Autograph Liquid Eyeliner in Chocolate, �7.50, Marks and Spencer
All About Face mascara in brown, �1.49, Tesco
Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Lip Color, �15.50, House of Fraser
Box: Charles' top tip: 'When applying blusher think of the shape of a hockey stick. Start by putting a little blush on the apples of the cheeks (this is the base of the hockey stick), then blend up along the cheekbones to the hairline (to create the handle of the hockey stick).