Beauty final for Norwich girl
A Norwich beauty could be crowned the pageant princess of the capital after making it through to the finals of Miss Universe London.
Tansy Croft survived a tense semi final round in front of a top London modelling agency to be picked for the finals, where she hopes to beat dozens of girls from across the country.
If she takes the London crown she will enter Miss Universe Great Britain, a prelim to the final worldwide competition of Miss Universe.
Meanwhile, the 23-year-old has raised more than a thousand pounds for a childrens' charity by encouraging people to sponsor her journey to the top.
Miss Croft, who used to live in Brundall, Norwich, said: 'Taking part in the competition has really opened my eyes to the positive things you can do with modelling. Before I thought it was just so people could show off, but now I know there is a lot more to it, especially the charity element.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Croft made a spontaneous decision to apply for the competition on the internet, despite never trying her hand at beauty pageants before.
Days later she received the magic call from the judges who said she was picked for the semi-finals in Portabello Road London, where she was made to parade in front of a panel of judges from the prolific Vibe model agency.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Scam account tries to tempt Primark shoppers with fake giveaway
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Prince of Wales Road will bounce back, nightlife stalwarts predict
And now she is getting set to take the final hurdle on February 3 by competing against 30 other girls to be crowned Miss Universe London.
Miss Croft continued: 'I still need to go shopping for that all-important dress. I need a ball gown, as well as a new bikini for the different rounds of the competition. The top five of Miss Universe London will go on to compete in Miss Universe Great Britain in Birmingham, so I hope I have got what it takes to make it there.'
Tansy Croft smashed her original charity target of �500 in a matter of days, and has currently raised �1,180 for The Joshua Foundation, which gives life experiences for children with terminal cancer.
If you want to sponsor Tansy visit http://www.justgiving.com/Tansy-Croft, or vote for her in Miss Universe London by texting 'Tansy Croft' to 8118.