BBC Folk Award nominee Dan Walsh brings new trio to Norwich
- Credit: Kate Gallow
BBC Folk Award nominee Dan Walsh is bringing his all-new Dan Walsh Trio to Norwich which will be a homecoming for his long-time collaborator Nic Zuppardi.
After a mammoth solo world tour promoting the release of his critically acclaimed, Verging On The Perpendicular album, BBC Folk Award nominee Dan Walsh's latest UK tour, which brings him to Norwich, marks the launch of the all-new Dan Walsh Trio.
This exciting new outfit sees him team up with award winning fiddler Ciaran Algar and long-time collaborator Nic Zuppardi on mandolin.
The trio's gig at The Louis Marchesi in Tombland on May 10 will mark a homecoming for Nic who was born and raised in Norwich.
Dan's poignant songs, astonishing musical departures and lively humour have made him a name to watch and this live date marks the joining of three of the most in demand musicians on the folk scene today.
You may also want to watch:
Although a few favourites from Dan's previous highly praised albums will be in the set, the gigs are mostly to be shaped around brand new and innovative material.
At the heart of the trio's sound is British, Irish and American folk music delivered with a healthy dose of funky grooves.
• Dan Walsh Trio play The Louis Marchesi, Norwich, on May 10, 8pm, £10 advance, 01603 763099, wegottickets.com/event/429137
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich