'Eco-obsessed' retired tree surgeon wins £60,000 dream electric van
- Credit: BOTB
A retired tree surgeon was left speechless after winning a brand-new £60,000 electric van.
Kirk Boswell, 62, was at home in Bawburgh, near Norwich, when BOTB presenter Christian Williams turned up with the Volkswagen ID.Buzz to give him the good news.
Mr Boswell was diagnosed with MS in 1996 and has lived with the condition for more than 20 years, but despite sometimes needing to use a wheelchair, it doesn’t stop his love of driving.
“I play BOTB every Sunday afternoon,” he said. “I always say to my wife, Rita, I’m just off to go and win a car.
“I was actually in a VW garage a few years ago and was told about the electric van but it was a while off.
"When I saw it on the BOTB site, I thought I’ve got to have a go.
“I’m a bit eco-obsessed. We’ve got solar panels, I’m building a pond - and this is all part of my ambitions to be as green as possible."
- 1 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Demolition of former Tesco begins as historic business returns to city
- 3 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Call for tougher action on 'inconsiderate' pavement parkers
- 6 'It was inevitable': Neighbours' horror as crews tackle heath blaze
- 7 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 8 Police hunt wanted man in Norwich
- 9 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 10 'Really frightening': Parents keeping kids off streets after woman stabbed
The van takes just 30 minutes to charge and can travel 358 miles on one charge.
Best of the Best (BOTB) is a car and lifestyle competition company that has been operating in major UK airports since 1999.