Barred Norwich pub regular appeals for charity golf day teams
A landlord has barred one of his regulars, saying she will only be allowed back in the pub if she signs up enough people to take part in a charity golf day.
Trafford Arms regular Emily Nudd has been given the task of helping landlord Chris Higgins, who is the Sheriff of Norwich, sign up teams to a charity golf day.
But as an added incentive to ensure the 30-year-old tries her hardest to recruit golfers, the Sheriff has decided she will only be allowed to resume her place at the bar of the Grove Road pub when she has attracted enough people to the event, at Sprowston Manor on Thursday, May 17.
The Lord Mayor of Norwich, Jenny Lay, and the Sheriff are hosting the golf day on behalf of this year's Norwich Civic Charity Appeal, Norfolk and Waveney's cancer charity Big C.
Miss Nudd, who lives in Trafford Road and works at Service Tick, said: 'It's a great value event at only the price of a good meal out, and helps two great causes - one for me to get back to the Trafford Arms and of course raising money for the Big C.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Higgins said: 'I have thrown down the gauntlet to Emily and hopefully with her help we will have an immense response to the day and raise a lot of money for The Big C.'
He asked Miss Nudd get involved as she has connections in the drinks industry in Norfolk, in particular Woodforde's, and it is hoped that more than 20 teams, representing breweries, pubs and other industries from the region, will compete on the day.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
The cost is �200 for teams of four, includes a brunch of a bacon loin roll with tea and coffee, a two-course dinner and prizes for the longest drive, nearest pin and 18 hole individual Stableford and team event.
To sign up to take part, contact Chris Higgins on 07990 952912.