Bar and Beyond announces Norwich reopening date
- Credit: Archant
You don’t have long to wait until you can sip cocktails at Bar and Beyond again as the Norwich venue is preparing to reopen its doors after four months.
The bar, in Prince of Wales Road, will open this Friday, July 17 and while customers won’t be able to have a boogie for now, they can book a table and enjoy drinks with their family and friends.
The venue launched in the former home of Chicago’s in February 2017 and runs as a bar during the evening and transforms into a nightclub later on.
While social distancing measures remain in place, customers will need to stay seated and can book one hour and 45 minute slots with table service only and music will be kept at a lower level.
To begin with it will be open Fridays 5pm until midnight and Saturdays 12pm to 1am and the whole upstairs area will be open along with the garden and smoking area.
Frazer Beckles, VIP sales and event manager, said: “Before lockdown we were thriving and had to do one in one out by 11pm on most Fridays and Saturdays.
“It has been almost 16 weeks since we closed and it has been so nice to see the buzz around us reopening.”
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 4 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 5 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 6 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 7 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 8 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 9 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 10 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
The Bar and Beyond chain is owned by the Deltic Group and there is also a branch in King’s Lynn, which has no reopening date yet.
Mr Beckles added: “We will be doing track and trace at the entrance and a host will take groups to their table and will deep clean between bookings.
“We will have a limited drinks menu and no food to start with to make sure our service is the best without putting a strain on our staff.
“We’re not doing half-price drinks at the moment as we are trying to get back on our feet and also there is the control factor of making sure people don’t get too intoxicated.”
Book a table by contacting Bar and Beyond on social media or call 01603 767234.