Is this Norwich’s most obvious sign? Bank holiday reminder... from bank
- Credit: Archant
With the ever-changing trends of bank holiday opening hours, it can sometimes be difficult to keep track of which businesses will be open and closed over the long weekends.
However, one constant has always been the banking world - with branch closures giving the eight-time yearly occurrences their name.
Ever since the introduction of the Bank Holidays Act 1871, bank branches have shut up shop for the day, at the decree of politician and banker Sir John Lubbock.
However, this hasn't stopped one city bank taking the time to remind its customers of this fact.
The Santander branch on Orford Hill in Norwich has placed a notice on its door informing customers that it will not be open today - Monday, August 26 - due to the bank holiday.
You may also want to watch:
It reads: "Bank holiday: Please note that this branch will be closed on 26 Aug 2019."
The branch re-opens on Tuesday.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing