Band to record song for Canaries star?
Kim BriscoeA Norwich City fan has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.Kim Briscoe
A Norwich City fan has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.
Canaries player Simon Lappin has been dubbed the King of Spain by fans because 'he looks Spanish', according to terrace chants.
Now a fan is hoping to persuade one of his favourite groups, Yorkshire band Hope and Social, to re-record the lyrics of their song 'King of Spain' for a one-off tribute to the Canaries midfielder.
Steve Plunkett, from East Bilney, near Dereham, said: 'When I heard the terrace chant it made me laugh and think of the Hope and Social song called King of Spain.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Plunkett, who is a freelance music reviewer, said the band were currently busy in the studio recording their next album, but he hoped that in the longer-term they may be able to find time to do a version based on the lyrics he had penned.
He said: 'The band have been extremely grateful to me that I have got them, hopefully, some more listeners and a wider audience.'
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home