Band to record song for Canaries star?
Kim BriscoeA Norwich City fan has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.Kim Briscoe
A Norwich City fan has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.
Canaries player Simon Lappin has been dubbed the King of Spain by fans because 'he looks Spanish', according to terrace chants.
Now a fan is hoping to persuade one of his favourite groups, Yorkshire band Hope and Social, to re-record the lyrics of their song 'King of Spain' for a one-off tribute to the Canaries midfielder.
Steve Plunkett, from East Bilney, near Dereham, said: 'When I heard the terrace chant it made me laugh and think of the Hope and Social song called King of Spain.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Plunkett, who is a freelance music reviewer, said the band were currently busy in the studio recording their next album, but he hoped that in the longer-term they may be able to find time to do a version based on the lyrics he had penned.
He said: 'The band have been extremely grateful to me that I have got them, hopefully, some more listeners and a wider audience.'
- 1 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 2 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 3 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 4 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 5 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 6 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 7 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
- 8 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 9 Road closures as police dealt with concerns over people's safety
- 10 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events