Band to record song for Canaries star?
Kim BriscoeA Norwich City fan has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.Kim Briscoe
A Norwich City fan has launched a campaign to get a band to re-record one of their songs in tribute to a first team player.
Canaries player Simon Lappin has been dubbed the King of Spain by fans because 'he looks Spanish', according to terrace chants.
Now a fan is hoping to persuade one of his favourite groups, Yorkshire band Hope and Social, to re-record the lyrics of their song 'King of Spain' for a one-off tribute to the Canaries midfielder.
Steve Plunkett, from East Bilney, near Dereham, said: 'When I heard the terrace chant it made me laugh and think of the Hope and Social song called King of Spain.'
Mr Plunkett, who is a freelance music reviewer, said the band were currently busy in the studio recording their next album, but he hoped that in the longer-term they may be able to find time to do a version based on the lyrics he had penned.
He said: 'The band have been extremely grateful to me that I have got them, hopefully, some more listeners and a wider audience.'
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 4 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 8 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 10 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich