Ball to raise money for the air ambulance
Emma KnightsThe East Anglian Air Ambulance is holding a special ball to mark its 10th anniversary in October.In the past decade the region's lifesaving service in the sky has helped to save hundreds of lives.Emma Knights
The East Anglian Air Ambulance is holding a special ball to mark its 10th anniversary in October.
In the past decade the region's lifesaving service in the sky has helped to save hundreds of lives.
It costs �3.5 million a year to keep the charity's two air ambulances flying, and the Grand Anniversary Ball will help the air ambulance raise vitally needed funds as it starts its second decade.
The glittering fundraiser will be on Saturday, October 9 at the Norfolk Showground.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Gray, the charity's chief executive, said: 'Our 10th anniversary year is proving one of our busiest yet.
'Our aircraft have been in action virtually every day so far this year, showing week in, week out, just how important the service is in our region.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash
'We'd like to say a big thank you to all those who have supported and encouraged us in so many ways. We hope to welcome friends old and new at the ball as we celebrate the past 10 years and look ahead to the next decade.'
Ball-goers will enjoy a four-course dinner which will include the dessert created by the winner of the air ambulance's Pie in the Sky dessert competition.
The Lee Vasey Band will be performing and there will be a top London cabaret act and a grand auction.
Tickets for the ball cost �65. For more information on the ball or to buy tickets, contact Kristina Baldwin from Yellow Bird Media and Events on 01603 411236.
For more information about the East Anglian Air Ambulance please call 0845 066 9999 or visit www.eaaa.org.uk