Great British Bake Off star to host ‘bakineering’ event in Norwich
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A finalist from 2016's Great British Bake Off will be giving baking demonstrations as part of the The Norwich Science Festival.
Andrew Smyth, who was in the same series as Kate Barmby from Brooke, will be hosting Bakineering in Space as part of The Norwich Science Festival next month.
The event is described as 'a gastronomic journey into orbit' in which Andrew – who is both passionate about baking and has a degree in aerospace engineering - will answer questions such us 'how can meringue explain how astronauts explore space?'
Since his time on Bake Off, Andrew has appeared in cooking segments on ITV's Lorraine, baked a jet engine cake for Prince William and delivered a number of other 'bakineering' demonstrations across the country.
MORE: Norwich Science Festival 2018 - 10 top picks for familiesBakineering in Space will take place at Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form In Norwich on October 23. Tickets cost £6 and the event starts at 2pm.
The Norwich Science Festival runs from October 19-27 and the packed programme of more than 130 events features everything from drone racing to in-depth talks on women in science.
This year's theme is 'our future world' which organisers hope will inspire people to explore the science and technology shaping the future.
Chris Packham is headlining the festival with a humorous exploration into 'conservation, self-empowerment and activism'.
- 1 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 8 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
- 9 Traffic and infrastructure fears as major housing project starts
- 10 Man sentenced for two robberies in two days
Other speakers include BAFTA winning Cbeebies presenter Maddie Moate and international explorer Benedict Allen, with an account of his latest solo adventure in Papua New Guinea.