Great British Bake Off star to host ‘bakineering’ event in Norwich
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A finalist from 2016's Great British Bake Off will be giving baking demonstrations as part of the The Norwich Science Festival.
Andrew Smyth, who was in the same series as Kate Barmby from Brooke, will be hosting Bakineering in Space as part of The Norwich Science Festival next month.
The event is described as 'a gastronomic journey into orbit' in which Andrew – who is both passionate about baking and has a degree in aerospace engineering - will answer questions such us 'how can meringue explain how astronauts explore space?'
Since his time on Bake Off, Andrew has appeared in cooking segments on ITV's Lorraine, baked a jet engine cake for Prince William and delivered a number of other 'bakineering' demonstrations across the country.
MORE: Norwich Science Festival 2018 - 10 top picks for familiesBakineering in Space will take place at Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form In Norwich on October 23. Tickets cost £6 and the event starts at 2pm.
The Norwich Science Festival runs from October 19-27 and the packed programme of more than 130 events features everything from drone racing to in-depth talks on women in science.
You may also want to watch:
This year's theme is 'our future world' which organisers hope will inspire people to explore the science and technology shaping the future.
Chris Packham is headlining the festival with a humorous exploration into 'conservation, self-empowerment and activism'.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
Other speakers include BAFTA winning Cbeebies presenter Maddie Moate and international explorer Benedict Allen, with an account of his latest solo adventure in Papua New Guinea.