Bags bloom into a book for Norwich designer
Sarah BrealeyA Norwich handbag designer has produced her first book, showing people how to make her unique bags.Susan Cariello has been a textile designer for more than 15 years, and branched out into handbags four years ago.Sarah Brealey
A Norwich handbag designer has produced her first book, showing people how to make her unique bags.
Susan Cariello has been a textile designer for more than 15 years, and branched out into handbags four years ago. After showing her wares at a Country Living Show, she was approached by a publisher who asked her to produce a book.
The book contains instructions and pictures showing how to make 12 floral handbags and purses. The bags are designed for even novices at embroidery to be able to make, and use just 12 embroidery stitches.
She held a launch party for her book, Bags in Bloom, at Caf� Bar Marzano in the Forum on Friday night, attended by dozens of people.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The first show I did with my bags sold out. I don't make the same bag twice - at the end of the day you are creating something that is unique to the individual.
'It was a massive learning curve and every month I think I should give up, but then you get a really good reaction, or you see someone using your bag, and that spurs you on.'
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 5 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 6 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 7 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
Miss Cariello, 38, grew up in Lowestoft and lived in New York before moving to Norwich, where she also teaches salsa at the Forum. Her studio is based at her home on Mardle Street, Colney.
The book is published by New York publisher Watson-Guptill and will also be on sale in the United States and Canada.
t Bags in Bloom is available from Susan Cariello on 07960 512303, and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk, where it will be available next month.