Bags bloom into a book for Norwich designer
Sarah BrealeyA Norwich handbag designer has produced her first book, showing people how to make her unique bags.Susan Cariello has been a textile designer for more than 15 years, and branched out into handbags four years ago.Sarah Brealey
A Norwich handbag designer has produced her first book, showing people how to make her unique bags.
Susan Cariello has been a textile designer for more than 15 years, and branched out into handbags four years ago. After showing her wares at a Country Living Show, she was approached by a publisher who asked her to produce a book.
The book contains instructions and pictures showing how to make 12 floral handbags and purses. The bags are designed for even novices at embroidery to be able to make, and use just 12 embroidery stitches.
She held a launch party for her book, Bags in Bloom, at Caf� Bar Marzano in the Forum on Friday night, attended by dozens of people.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The first show I did with my bags sold out. I don't make the same bag twice - at the end of the day you are creating something that is unique to the individual.
'It was a massive learning curve and every month I think I should give up, but then you get a really good reaction, or you see someone using your bag, and that spurs you on.'
- 1 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 5 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 8 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 9 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
Miss Cariello, 38, grew up in Lowestoft and lived in New York before moving to Norwich, where she also teaches salsa at the Forum. Her studio is based at her home on Mardle Street, Colney.
The book is published by New York publisher Watson-Guptill and will also be on sale in the United States and Canada.
t Bags in Bloom is available from Susan Cariello on 07960 512303, and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk, where it will be available next month.