Bag yourself a bargain in the Norwich sales
The mid season sales are in full swing but how do you know if you are really bagging a bargain? Shop for items that will see you through to autumn, says Emma Harrowing.
Knowing what will be the fashion trends come autumn will help you buy items in the sale that will last.
It can also help you have a set of clothes that are perfect for taking you through the transitional period from summer to autumn.
Here's my guide to shopping the mid season sales:
The 70s will continue to be a trend throughout autumn and winter so invest in a pair of high waisted kick flare trousers.
You may also want to watch:
The 60s will also be a big trend in autumn and winter collections so buy into the style now by looking for a shift dress or mini skirt.
The satchel will still be the bag of choice for autumn despite the revival of the rucksack and there are many in the mid season sales.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 5 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
Red is one of the main colours for the new season so look for a hue that suits you.
Look for classic items in the sales as these will be items you can wear forever. Animal print, the ubiquitous white shirt and a pencil skirt are key buys.
Socks are the must-have item for summer and autumn especially when worn with sandals or shoes.
The jumpsuit is a classic and it's an item that is perfect for replicating the 70s trend.
Wearing two belts at the same time is tipped to be a trend come September so grab a bargain and pick two belts up in the sales.
The blouse is a classic item that can be worn with jeans, skirts and under shirt dresses.
Guy styling was seen all over the autumn and winter catwalks with blazers, wide leg trousers, crisp white shirts and the bow tie making there way into women's wardrobes. Brogues and loafers are an easy way to wear this trend.
It's all about the ankle in late summer/autumn so wearing your trousers just above your sock line in a must. Look for cropped or peg leg trousers that will show off your ankles.
With a 60s fashion revival scheduled for autumn T-Bar platform shoes are a great way to get the swinging 60s style.
For more ideas take a look at our photo gallery by clicking on the multimedia link at the top right of this page.