Bag yourself a bargain in the Norwich sales
The mid season sales are in full swing but how do you know if you are really bagging a bargain? Shop for items that will see you through to autumn, says Emma Harrowing.
Knowing what will be the fashion trends come autumn will help you buy items in the sale that will last.
It can also help you have a set of clothes that are perfect for taking you through the transitional period from summer to autumn.
Here's my guide to shopping the mid season sales:
The 70s will continue to be a trend throughout autumn and winter so invest in a pair of high waisted kick flare trousers.
The 60s will also be a big trend in autumn and winter collections so buy into the style now by looking for a shift dress or mini skirt.
The satchel will still be the bag of choice for autumn despite the revival of the rucksack and there are many in the mid season sales.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 3 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 4 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 5 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 6 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 7 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 8 'Such a shame': Independent card shop announces closure with sale
- 9 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
- 10 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
Red is one of the main colours for the new season so look for a hue that suits you.
Look for classic items in the sales as these will be items you can wear forever. Animal print, the ubiquitous white shirt and a pencil skirt are key buys.
Socks are the must-have item for summer and autumn especially when worn with sandals or shoes.
The jumpsuit is a classic and it's an item that is perfect for replicating the 70s trend.
Wearing two belts at the same time is tipped to be a trend come September so grab a bargain and pick two belts up in the sales.
The blouse is a classic item that can be worn with jeans, skirts and under shirt dresses.
Guy styling was seen all over the autumn and winter catwalks with blazers, wide leg trousers, crisp white shirts and the bow tie making there way into women's wardrobes. Brogues and loafers are an easy way to wear this trend.
It's all about the ankle in late summer/autumn so wearing your trousers just above your sock line in a must. Look for cropped or peg leg trousers that will show off your ankles.
With a 60s fashion revival scheduled for autumn T-Bar platform shoes are a great way to get the swinging 60s style.
For more ideas take a look at our photo gallery by clicking on the multimedia link at the top right of this page.