Norfolk Day 2021: Care home celebrates event in style
- Credit: LARCHWOOD CARE
Never ones to miss an opportunity for tea, cakes, and fun quizzes, the residents at a Drayton care home celebrated Norfolk Day in style.
Residents from Badgers Wood Care Home adorned the dining area with Norfolk Day bunting and waved their flags with pride to celebrate all things that are unique to Norfolk.
Anne Riches, registered manager, said: “The vast majority of our residents are local to the area, and Norfolk born and bred. It is a wonderful opportunity for us to all celebrate all things that are great about our homeland, and brings a great sense of community.”
Resident Maurice Hovells added: “It has been a lovely day. I can’t thank the staff enough for what they do. Norfolk Day has been another fun example of what we can come up with to keep occupied and motivated.”
Quizzes with “Norfolk-isms” proved popular, as did the afternoon tea enjoyed by residents, after they enjoyed hand-decorating their own cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Chilvers, health and social care co-ordinator, said it had been “a wonderful day”.
"The residents enjoyed reminiscing about the Norfolk dialect, phrases and places such as Thurne Mill, which are terrific Norfolk icons that really put our county on the map.”
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?