Attleborough shop goes vintage
Anyone looking for that special outfit which will have everyone's heads turning at the Christmas parties should take a browse through the rails at an Attleborough charity shop.
The Break shop, in Church Street, will be launching its first dedicated vintage room on Saturday, packed full of quality nostalgic clothing and accessories from the 1960s to the 1980s. Vintage has boomed in popularity in recent years as shoppers shun the high street stores for more unique styles. Break hopes it will cash in on the demand by pooling its best donations across its 38 stories to create the new section.
Lorraine Mills, retail area manager, said: 'We obviously get lots of older items and vintage stuff come in but it's not something we can sell in the majority of the shops unless we get it all together and have a separate section to make a bigger impact.
She said: 'Vintage is very sought after at the moment. Hopefully it will bring in people who love those eras.'
The vintage room, which also sells a range of ornaments and bric-a-brac, will open every Saturday, from 10am to 4pm. Staff will look to increase its opening hours if it proves successful.
You may also want to watch:
Break provides services for vulnerable adults, children and families including supported holidays and short breaks, mental health services for women, mentoring schemes for young people and support for teenage parents.
The Evening News is supporting local shops and businesses through our Shop Local for Christmas campaign and has a dedicated Facebook page. To find out more, log on to www.facebook.com/shoplocal norfolk
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 8 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals