Irish rock band ASH are coming to Norwich in October
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
Irish alternative rock band ASH are preparing for their headline tour which will see them play at The Waterfront in Norwich on October 21 with support to be confirmed.
Formed in 1992 in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland, the band comprises of Tim Wheeler (vocals and guitar), Mark Hamilton (bass) and Rick McMurray (drums).
In 1996, ASH released their first studio album '1977'. Shortly afterwards they were joined by Charlotte Hatherley (guitar) for a further three studio albums before her departure in 2006.
They then went on to record and release 'Twilight of the Innocents' before launching the innovative A-Z series which saw the band release a single every fortnight for a year.
The band have had one silver, two gold and two platinum-selling (and chart-topping) records in the United Kingdom, as well as 18 songs in the top 40 of the UK Singles Chart.
More recently they have announced their forthcoming album 'Islands', which is due for release on May 18.
ASH will embark on their UK tour in October which will see them play shows all across the country culminating at The Forum in London.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
Alongside this tour, they have already been confirmed for several festival appearances over the early summer months.
Tickets for their show in Norwich are available for £22.50 advance from the UEA Box Office website.