Irish rock band ASH are coming to Norwich in October
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
Irish alternative rock band ASH are preparing for their headline tour which will see them play at The Waterfront in Norwich on October 21 with support to be confirmed.
Formed in 1992 in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland, the band comprises of Tim Wheeler (vocals and guitar), Mark Hamilton (bass) and Rick McMurray (drums).
In 1996, ASH released their first studio album '1977'. Shortly afterwards they were joined by Charlotte Hatherley (guitar) for a further three studio albums before her departure in 2006.
They then went on to record and release 'Twilight of the Innocents' before launching the innovative A-Z series which saw the band release a single every fortnight for a year.
The band have had one silver, two gold and two platinum-selling (and chart-topping) records in the United Kingdom, as well as 18 songs in the top 40 of the UK Singles Chart.
You may also want to watch:
More recently they have announced their forthcoming album 'Islands', which is due for release on May 18.
ASH will embark on their UK tour in October which will see them play shows all across the country culminating at The Forum in London.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
Alongside this tour, they have already been confirmed for several festival appearances over the early summer months.
Tickets for their show in Norwich are available for £22.50 advance from the UEA Box Office website.