Norwich band “top of the shops” at the Co-op
- Credit: Red Ant Band
A Norwich-based band will have its song 'My Baby's Got a Hold on Me' played in around 2,500 Co-op stores across the UK. This comes after The Red Ant Band were selected as the new artist of the week by the retailer.
Guitarist and joint-songwriter, Mike Lee, described the news as 'overwhelming'.
He said: 'There is nothing quite like hearing your own songs sandwiched between your musical heroes such as Bob Dylan, The Beatles or The Eagles. It is an amazing feeling.'
The country-rock outfit was formed four years ago by Mike and Justin Brand and has now been joined by singer Carol Nicholls.
Sam Winter, area manager for the Co-op said: 'What better than to celebrate music which has been written and recorded just around the corner. I am confident the track will prove to be top of the shops.'
You may also want to watch:
You can listen to the band at https://soundcloud.com/redantband
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers