Norwich band “top of the shops” at the Co-op
- Credit: Red Ant Band
A Norwich-based band will have its song 'My Baby's Got a Hold on Me' played in around 2,500 Co-op stores across the UK. This comes after The Red Ant Band were selected as the new artist of the week by the retailer.
Guitarist and joint-songwriter, Mike Lee, described the news as 'overwhelming'.
He said: 'There is nothing quite like hearing your own songs sandwiched between your musical heroes such as Bob Dylan, The Beatles or The Eagles. It is an amazing feeling.'
The country-rock outfit was formed four years ago by Mike and Justin Brand and has now been joined by singer Carol Nicholls.
Sam Winter, area manager for the Co-op said: 'What better than to celebrate music which has been written and recorded just around the corner. I am confident the track will prove to be top of the shops.'
You may also want to watch:
You can listen to the band at https://soundcloud.com/redantband
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults