Art group to focus on carnival fever at Norwich Lord Mayor’s Celebrations
An art group will be charting the carnival fever of the Lord Mayor's Celebrations this weekend as part of a project to create an encyclopedia and a feature film about the east of England.
The On Landguard Point team will be based between the Forum and City Hall between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, talking to people to create a 'People's Encyclopedia for the East'.
London and Ipswich-based Pacitti Company are creating On Landguard Point, representing the east of England as part of Artists Taking The Lead – a major project at the heart of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad, funded by Arts Council England. On Landguard Point is attending large-scale outdoor events around eastern England this summer, to engage local people and discover the histories and culture of Norwich, working closely with live performance, community and cinema.
Spokesman for the project, Charlene Katuwawala, said: 'We'll be working throughout the whole event and are looking for encyclopedia entries. We are trying to cover the whole of the east of England as best we can and big events like this are perfect for us.
'All the stories are going to change from person to person, but we want to see if they change much from county to county.'
You may also want to watch:
The aim of the project is for all the events the group visits to collectively form the content of a feature film, which will premiere next year.
- You can find out more about the project at www.onlandguardpoint.com
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- Leaflets with the line-up for this weekend's Lord Mayor's Celebrations are available from all Evening News vending kiosks in Norwich city centre and the EDP offices in Cromer, Dereham, Beccles, Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth.
- Watch out for your Evening News special edition on Saturday, with a full preview of everything that is going on at the Lord Mayor's Celebrations, and keep an eye on www.eveningnews24.co.uk for picture galleries and live updates of all the fun. Then on Monday the Evening News will include a 12-page special picture supplement for you to keep as a momento of this year's Celebrations.
- Are you organising a community event in Norwich? Call reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com