Everything you need to know as Art Fair East returns to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Art Fair East returns to St Andrews Hall this week and will feature work from over 200 artists from Norfolk to Dubai.
The event was founded in 2015 by artists Will Teather and Brian Korteling and runs from Friday, November 30 to Sunday, December 2.
The major exhibition is one of the largest in the East of England and many of the artists and experts will be there in person for visitors to learn more about the creative process.
What can I expect?
There will be hundreds of artworks displayed under one roof which will bring together regional and international artists and galleries.
It provides the perfect opportunity to pick up original artwork and limited edition prints in the lead up to Christmas, with both affordable art and investment pieces in the show ranging from £40 to £25,000.
Will and Brian's paintings will also be on display at the event.
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 8 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
Will's painting have exhibited internationally to acclaim, with recent exhibitions including a solo exhibition at the Underdog Gallery, London Bridge, Artwars at Red Dot Miami and as a finalist in the London Contemporary Art Prize and he is also the artist-in-residence at Norwich Arts Centre.
READ MORE: Art Fair East 2018 to showcase top worldwide talent from Norfolk to DubaiWhy was Art Fair East launched?
The pair decided to create the event three years ago as there was nothing like it in area.
Will said: 'I had been taking part in large scale art fairs around country for years and realised there wasn't any large art events which were a hub bringing people from elsewhere.
'An art fair is different to an exhibition as it's larger, has loads of artists and is also a chance to meet the artists in person.
'People all gathered together creates a certain energy and it has a catch it while you can feel as it's only for a few days which creates a buzz.
What are the highlights of the event?
Highlights include Colin Self, a renowned pop artist with works in the Tate Collection, equine photographer Ripley, who was commissioned by Her Majesty The Queen to create a portrait of her Royal Ascot Gold Cup winning horse Estimate and international artists such as Berlin painter Walter Lindner.
Art Fair East is sponsored by Musker McIntyre and media partner Eastern Daily Press.
The event runs at St Andrews Hall, Norwich, from 10.30am to 5.30pm on November 30, 10.30am to 6pm on December 1 and 10.30am to 5pm on December 2.
Admission is £3.50 for adults, £3 for concessions and accompanied under 14s go free.