Art collection set to open in Norwich
Acoustic musicians will greet art lovers to the opening of a new art collection in the city on Thursday night.
The 'Mesh Collective' will be going on show at Art in the Underbelly, beneath The Rumsey Wells pub on St Andrews Street, from 8pm.
Brought together by artists Richard Horne, Daryl Williams, Tim Wall, Jo Stafford and Vicki Johnson, the main focus is poster designs that have been hand-made and screen-printed at Stew Print Rooms on Fishergate.
The group describe the collection as: 'Formed from interactions made around textile and paper screen printing tables, the Mesh Collective comprises illustrators, textile designers, graphic designers and print makers.
'United by a love of poster design and paper printing, the collective are producing a body of work for their debut show.'
You may also want to watch:
Local bands Olympians and Hello Bear will be playing acoustic sets and will be joined by Free King DJs for the opening, which is free to attend.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 4 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 5 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 6 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 7 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 10 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today