Art collection set to open in Norwich
Acoustic musicians will greet art lovers to the opening of a new art collection in the city on Thursday night.
The 'Mesh Collective' will be going on show at Art in the Underbelly, beneath The Rumsey Wells pub on St Andrews Street, from 8pm.
Brought together by artists Richard Horne, Daryl Williams, Tim Wall, Jo Stafford and Vicki Johnson, the main focus is poster designs that have been hand-made and screen-printed at Stew Print Rooms on Fishergate.
The group describe the collection as: 'Formed from interactions made around textile and paper screen printing tables, the Mesh Collective comprises illustrators, textile designers, graphic designers and print makers.
'United by a love of poster design and paper printing, the collective are producing a body of work for their debut show.'
You may also want to watch:
Local bands Olympians and Hello Bear will be playing acoustic sets and will be joined by Free King DJs for the opening, which is free to attend.
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 4 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 5 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 8 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit