Arson attack in Caister
Stephen PullingerPolice in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.Stephen Pullinger
Police in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.
The fire was started deliberately in a bin close to a home in Thames Way.
Firefighters put out the blaze before it spread.
Sgt Caroline Adams, of Norfolk police, said: 'We take these incidents very seriously and in this case there was the potential for the fire to be much worse as the bin was very close to a property and could have easily spread.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers are following several lines of inquiry and we are determined to catch those responsible.'
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or noticed people acting suspiciously in the area shortly before 2am on Thursday.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 5 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 6 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 7 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 8 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 9 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 10 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
Contact Caister safer neighbourhood team on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.