Arson attack in Caister
Stephen PullingerPolice in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.Stephen Pullinger
Police in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.
The fire was started deliberately in a bin close to a home in Thames Way.
Firefighters put out the blaze before it spread.
Sgt Caroline Adams, of Norfolk police, said: 'We take these incidents very seriously and in this case there was the potential for the fire to be much worse as the bin was very close to a property and could have easily spread.
'Officers are following several lines of inquiry and we are determined to catch those responsible.'
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or noticed people acting suspiciously in the area shortly before 2am on Thursday.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 6 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 7 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 8 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
Contact Caister safer neighbourhood team on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.