Arson attack in Caister
Stephen PullingerPolice in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.Stephen Pullinger
Police in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.
The fire was started deliberately in a bin close to a home in Thames Way.
Firefighters put out the blaze before it spread.
Sgt Caroline Adams, of Norfolk police, said: 'We take these incidents very seriously and in this case there was the potential for the fire to be much worse as the bin was very close to a property and could have easily spread.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers are following several lines of inquiry and we are determined to catch those responsible.'
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or noticed people acting suspiciously in the area shortly before 2am on Thursday.
- 1 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 5 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 6 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 7 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 8 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
Contact Caister safer neighbourhood team on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.