Arson attack in Caister
Stephen PullingerPolice in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.Stephen Pullinger
Police in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.
The fire was started deliberately in a bin close to a home in Thames Way.
Firefighters put out the blaze before it spread.
Sgt Caroline Adams, of Norfolk police, said: 'We take these incidents very seriously and in this case there was the potential for the fire to be much worse as the bin was very close to a property and could have easily spread.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers are following several lines of inquiry and we are determined to catch those responsible.'
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or noticed people acting suspiciously in the area shortly before 2am on Thursday.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
Contact Caister safer neighbourhood team on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.