Arson attack in Caister
Stephen PullingerPolice in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.Stephen Pullinger
Police in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, are warning of the dangers of starting bin fires following an arson attack in the village.
The fire was started deliberately in a bin close to a home in Thames Way.
Firefighters put out the blaze before it spread.
Sgt Caroline Adams, of Norfolk police, said: 'We take these incidents very seriously and in this case there was the potential for the fire to be much worse as the bin was very close to a property and could have easily spread.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers are following several lines of inquiry and we are determined to catch those responsible.'
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or noticed people acting suspiciously in the area shortly before 2am on Thursday.
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 3 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 4 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 10 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
Contact Caister safer neighbourhood team on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.