Arrests made in Yarmouth drugs operation
Anthony CarrollAn on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.Anthony Carroll
An on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.
A man and a woman from Yarmouth, aged 25 and 27, a 29-year-old man from Caister, a 20-year-old man from Hemsby and a 23-year-old from Ormesby are due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on February 1 charged with supplying class A drugs.
The 25-year-old man from Yarmouth has also been charged with dangerous driving.
Also due at the crown court on the same charge is a 29-year-old man from Wilmslow in Cheshire.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged offences relate to an on-going investigation by the drugs and serious crime squad into the suspected supply of cocaine from Cheshire and its distribution in Yarmouth.
As part of the investigation, officers had been following a blue Transit van in the Yarmouth area last Thursdaywhich was then found abandoned in tide water on the beach at Winterton on Friday morning.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 10 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
The five men and woman were all charged with the drug offences at Yarmouth Magistrates Court earlier this week and were remanded into custody until February 1.
A 30-year-old woman from Caister arrested in connection with the investigation was released on police bail pending further enquiries.