Arrests made in Yarmouth drugs operation
Anthony CarrollAn on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.Anthony Carroll
An on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.
A man and a woman from Yarmouth, aged 25 and 27, a 29-year-old man from Caister, a 20-year-old man from Hemsby and a 23-year-old from Ormesby are due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on February 1 charged with supplying class A drugs.
The 25-year-old man from Yarmouth has also been charged with dangerous driving.
Also due at the crown court on the same charge is a 29-year-old man from Wilmslow in Cheshire.
The alleged offences relate to an on-going investigation by the drugs and serious crime squad into the suspected supply of cocaine from Cheshire and its distribution in Yarmouth.
As part of the investigation, officers had been following a blue Transit van in the Yarmouth area last Thursdaywhich was then found abandoned in tide water on the beach at Winterton on Friday morning.
- 1 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 2 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 3 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 4 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 5 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 6 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 7 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 8 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 9 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
The five men and woman were all charged with the drug offences at Yarmouth Magistrates Court earlier this week and were remanded into custody until February 1.
A 30-year-old woman from Caister arrested in connection with the investigation was released on police bail pending further enquiries.