Arrests made in Yarmouth drugs operation
Anthony CarrollAn on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.Anthony Carroll
An on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.
A man and a woman from Yarmouth, aged 25 and 27, a 29-year-old man from Caister, a 20-year-old man from Hemsby and a 23-year-old from Ormesby are due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on February 1 charged with supplying class A drugs.
The 25-year-old man from Yarmouth has also been charged with dangerous driving.
Also due at the crown court on the same charge is a 29-year-old man from Wilmslow in Cheshire.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged offences relate to an on-going investigation by the drugs and serious crime squad into the suspected supply of cocaine from Cheshire and its distribution in Yarmouth.
As part of the investigation, officers had been following a blue Transit van in the Yarmouth area last Thursdaywhich was then found abandoned in tide water on the beach at Winterton on Friday morning.
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 3 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 4 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 10 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
The five men and woman were all charged with the drug offences at Yarmouth Magistrates Court earlier this week and were remanded into custody until February 1.
A 30-year-old woman from Caister arrested in connection with the investigation was released on police bail pending further enquiries.