Arrests made in Yarmouth drugs operation
Anthony CarrollAn on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.Anthony Carroll
An on-going police investigation into the suspected supply of cocaine to the Great Yarmouth area has resulted in five people from the borough being arrested and charged with drug dealing.
A man and a woman from Yarmouth, aged 25 and 27, a 29-year-old man from Caister, a 20-year-old man from Hemsby and a 23-year-old from Ormesby are due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on February 1 charged with supplying class A drugs.
The 25-year-old man from Yarmouth has also been charged with dangerous driving.
Also due at the crown court on the same charge is a 29-year-old man from Wilmslow in Cheshire.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged offences relate to an on-going investigation by the drugs and serious crime squad into the suspected supply of cocaine from Cheshire and its distribution in Yarmouth.
As part of the investigation, officers had been following a blue Transit van in the Yarmouth area last Thursdaywhich was then found abandoned in tide water on the beach at Winterton on Friday morning.
- 1 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 2 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 3 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 9 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 10 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
The five men and woman were all charged with the drug offences at Yarmouth Magistrates Court earlier this week and were remanded into custody until February 1.
A 30-year-old woman from Caister arrested in connection with the investigation was released on police bail pending further enquiries.