Armoured vehicle for sale in Norfolk
Anthony CarrollFor sale - one armoured car with one careful owner - the Ministry of Defence.Anthony Carroll
For sale - one armoured car with one careful owner - the Ministry of Defence.
A Norfolk car dealer is advertising an unusual lot of a Daimler Ferret Scout Mk2 armoured reconnaissance vehicle for �3,500 plus VAT.
The ex-British army vehicle, one of more than 4,000 made by the Ministry of Defence between 1950s and 1970s, is up for sale at Catfield Car & Commercials at Catfield, near Stalham.
Catfield Car & Commercials describe the armoured car as an on-going project as it needs work on its battery, exhaust and bodywork.
You may also want to watch:
Its last port of call was believed be at the gates of a military base and it has a C60 Rolls Royce engine, all its tyres and a deactivated machine gun mounted in a turret.
The Ferret was bought by company owner Matthew Hobbs from a MOD website auction.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 6 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 9 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police
If fully restored the two man 12ft long vehicle, which could reach speeds of more than 50mph, could fetch up to �20,000.
Mr Hobbs said: 'We have had a lot of interest including military specialists, a paintball company and people who just like this sort of thing.'
The Ferret was designed to replace second world war light armoured vehicles and was well known for its noisy interior and run flat tyres which kept their shape despite battlefield punctures.
As well as the British Army, the Ferret saw operational service with French, South African and Australian forces.
Anyone interested in buying the Daimler Ferret Scout Mk2 armoured reconnaissance vehicle can contact Catfield Car & Commercials on 01692 584856 or 07769 210455.