Armoured vehicle for sale in Norfolk
Anthony CarrollFor sale - one armoured car with one careful owner - the Ministry of Defence.Anthony Carroll
For sale - one armoured car with one careful owner - the Ministry of Defence.
A Norfolk car dealer is advertising an unusual lot of a Daimler Ferret Scout Mk2 armoured reconnaissance vehicle for �3,500 plus VAT.
The ex-British army vehicle, one of more than 4,000 made by the Ministry of Defence between 1950s and 1970s, is up for sale at Catfield Car & Commercials at Catfield, near Stalham.
Catfield Car & Commercials describe the armoured car as an on-going project as it needs work on its battery, exhaust and bodywork.
You may also want to watch:
Its last port of call was believed be at the gates of a military base and it has a C60 Rolls Royce engine, all its tyres and a deactivated machine gun mounted in a turret.
The Ferret was bought by company owner Matthew Hobbs from a MOD website auction.
- 1 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 2 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 3 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 4 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m Anglia Square plans
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Boost for outdoor drinking and dining when Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Family's horror after learning mother was buried in wrong grave
- 8 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more
If fully restored the two man 12ft long vehicle, which could reach speeds of more than 50mph, could fetch up to �20,000.
Mr Hobbs said: 'We have had a lot of interest including military specialists, a paintball company and people who just like this sort of thing.'
The Ferret was designed to replace second world war light armoured vehicles and was well known for its noisy interior and run flat tyres which kept their shape despite battlefield punctures.
As well as the British Army, the Ferret saw operational service with French, South African and Australian forces.
Anyone interested in buying the Daimler Ferret Scout Mk2 armoured reconnaissance vehicle can contact Catfield Car & Commercials on 01692 584856 or 07769 210455.