Armed police siege at North Walsham
Armed police laid siege to a house near a North Walsham school today. A handful of officers with guns were deployed outside a semi-detached house on Park Avenue near the Manor Road junior and infants school complex.
Armed police laid siege to a house near a North Walsham school today.
A handful of officers with guns were deployed outside a semi-detached house on Park Avenue near the Manor Road junior and infants school complex.
Three police cars and an ambulance were at the quiet residential street this morning. Other PCs and support officers were also in attendance.
Forty 40 yards of the road, one end of which is opposite the school complex, was blocked off by the police, who said at 10.20am the incident was 'close to being resolved.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said 'concerns were raised by a member of the public shortly after 7.30am, and officers are on scene to establish the circumstances.'
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 5 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 7 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 8 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich