Armed police siege at North Walsham
Armed police laid siege to a house near a North Walsham school today. A handful of officers with guns were deployed outside a semi-detached house on Park Avenue near the Manor Road junior and infants school complex.
Armed police laid siege to a house near a North Walsham school today.
A handful of officers with guns were deployed outside a semi-detached house on Park Avenue near the Manor Road junior and infants school complex.
Three police cars and an ambulance were at the quiet residential street this morning. Other PCs and support officers were also in attendance.
Forty 40 yards of the road, one end of which is opposite the school complex, was blocked off by the police, who said at 10.20am the incident was 'close to being resolved.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said 'concerns were raised by a member of the public shortly after 7.30am, and officers are on scene to establish the circumstances.'
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station