Have you seen the Apple Maps van?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich residents have spotted the Apple Maps van around the city recently.
Apple Maps is the default map system of iOS and related apple products. Its designers say it makes finding and getting to destinations faster and easier than ever.
According to Apple's website: 'Maps predicts the places you're most likely to go and recommends the fastest way to get there based on traffic, time of day, your location and your schedule.'
One Twitter user who spotted a van in Norwich posted: 'Just drove past an Apple Maps van in central Norwich! I didn't know that Apple had their own version of street view?'
Another said: 'An Apple Maps camera car just went past me in the city centre as I was rushing for the bus.'
You may also want to watch:
Apple have voiced ambitions to introduce self-driving cars to the roads at some point in the future. It's possible that the work on mapping Norwich is related to these plans.
Have you seen the Apple Maps van? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults