Have you seen the Apple Maps van?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich residents have spotted the Apple Maps van around the city recently.
Apple Maps is the default map system of iOS and related apple products. Its designers say it makes finding and getting to destinations faster and easier than ever.
According to Apple's website: 'Maps predicts the places you're most likely to go and recommends the fastest way to get there based on traffic, time of day, your location and your schedule.'
One Twitter user who spotted a van in Norwich posted: 'Just drove past an Apple Maps van in central Norwich! I didn't know that Apple had their own version of street view?'
Another said: 'An Apple Maps camera car just went past me in the city centre as I was rushing for the bus.'
You may also want to watch:
Apple have voiced ambitions to introduce self-driving cars to the roads at some point in the future. It's possible that the work on mapping Norwich is related to these plans.
Have you seen the Apple Maps van? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 8 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?