Appeal to join hospital's 'red waistcoat brigade'
- Credit: Maurice Gray
An appeal has been launched to bolster a hospital's volunteer team.
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital had nearly 600 volunteers.
The volunteers, known as the red waistcoat brigade, help with all sorts of duties, including driving patients home, helping with meals and helping guide patients to clinics.
During the pandemic, many of the volunteers were stuck at home and unable to help due to restrictions.
The trust's volunteer department is asking anyone who would like to be part of its phone team to ‘phone for a chat’ to get in touch.
Members of the public can offer a couple of hours or whole days.
Vacancies in all of the roles are available and the department can be contacted on 01603 286060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 4 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 5 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 6 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 7 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 8 Battered bus shelter wrapped in police tape after delivery van smash
- 9 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 10 'Please help': Family's plea for support for superfan Lily's funeral