Appeal to join hospital's 'red waistcoat brigade'
- Credit: Maurice Gray
An appeal has been launched to bolster a hospital's volunteer team.
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital had nearly 600 volunteers.
The volunteers, known as the red waistcoat brigade, help with all sorts of duties, including driving patients home, helping with meals and helping guide patients to clinics.
During the pandemic, many of the volunteers were stuck at home and unable to help due to restrictions.
The trust's volunteer department is asking anyone who would like to be part of its phone team to ‘phone for a chat’ to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public can offer a couple of hours or whole days.
Vacancies in all of the roles are available and the department can be contacted on 01603 286060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 2 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 8 Kiefer Sutherland announces UEA show
- 9 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 10 City handymen on which DIY jobs you really SHOULDN'T try at home