Appeal to join hospital's 'red waistcoat brigade'
- Credit: Maurice Gray
An appeal has been launched to bolster a hospital's volunteer team.
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital had nearly 600 volunteers.
The volunteers, known as the red waistcoat brigade, help with all sorts of duties, including driving patients home, helping with meals and helping guide patients to clinics.
During the pandemic, many of the volunteers were stuck at home and unable to help due to restrictions.
The trust's volunteer department is asking anyone who would like to be part of its phone team to ‘phone for a chat’ to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public can offer a couple of hours or whole days.
Vacancies in all of the roles are available and the department can be contacted on 01603 286060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 2 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 5 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 6 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 10 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime