Reader letter: We need answers over cemetery
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Regarding Thorpe Cemetery and woods, I have just finished reading the article concerning the overgrown, unkempt appearance of the Thorpe St Andrew cemetery described by Tracey Bullen and the condition of her late father's grave.
My late father is also in that cemetery and although everyone no doubt tries to keep the graves tidy, there is only so much that can be done.
I fully agree with her that the situation is totally unacceptable. So what is going on?
There are plenty of gardening and landscaping companies in Thorpe St Andrew, so why the delay in finding a new contractor and would action have been taken if the lady had not contacted the EDP I wonder? Where have the proceeds from the land sale gone, how much has been spent and on what and how much is left?
The former Burial Trust has been very quiet. I have asked this question before and yes as expected, no reply.
You may also want to watch:
Furthermore, while on the subject of Thorpe green spaces, Thorpe woods has been drastically thinned out and now we hear the developers are now desperately trying to get yet more 'boxes' thrust upon us here in Thorpe again.
I have on previous occasions been in contact with local councillors and our MP about these woods and interestingly only one bothered to reply, and again the same councillor contacted me this weekend to keep me informed. Most impressed. Thank you Councillor Shaw.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
No doubt the others have more important things to do such as working out their expenses.
Yes you know who you are.
It appears that there are things very amiss here in Thorpe St Andrew and its continued desecration is rife.
We need answers please. Now!