13 annoying things about Norwich in the countdown to Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Norwich has truly excelled itself once again this year with extravagant Christmas celebrations including light projections, Christmas markets and the spectacular tunnel of light. But with that comes queues, irritating social media posts and Christmas party goers.
Here's 13 annoying things about Norwich in the countdown to Christmas that will make you channel your inner Scrooge.
1. The queue for John Lewis creating traffic on Ber Street is a bugbear for all the residents down there.
2. The tunnel of light area is more congested than the M25.
3. The endless pictures of it on social media.
You may also want to watch:
4. New Years Eve on Prince of Wales Road is growing ever nearer.
5. The self-service check outs at the Post Office. If you haven't used them before and you don't know what you're doing, now is NOT the time to try and figure it out.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 8 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 9 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 10 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
6. Getting a taxi is more of an ordeal than the Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Special.
7. M&S food hall. Just don't even bother.
8. Avoiding the Christmas work parties obstacle course.
9. The state of Primark. There's no room, there's clothes strewn everywhere, nothing is in its right place, it's chaotic, the queues are horrendous and all the people using the central isle as a short-cut between Red Lion Street and Haymarket are even more annoying than usual.
10. Some people may enjoy it but the weird echoey music that plays around Norwich Castle at night carries down Prince of Wales Road. If you can hear it in your flat it's like you're living in a sci-fi film.
11. Every restaurant in the city is packed.
12. Gentleman's Walk on a Saturday afternoon looking like a penguin scene from Planet Earth II.
13. Did I mention Prince of Wales Road?
• What annoys you in Norwich in the countdown to Christmas? Let us know in the comments.