Anne-Marie on top after national exam
- Credit: Archant
A student from Acle has been named as the UK's top animal health advisor after she gained the highest grades in her professional examinations.
Anne-Marie Wright, who works within animal health products for Anglia Farmers in Colton, is a Suitably Qualified Person (SQP) –which means she is legally qualified to prescribe and supply certain veterinary medicines in the UK under the Veterinary Medicines Regulations.
Miss Wright said: 'I was surprised and excited to be named the top SQP in the country. It's a nice feeling.
'It was quite a big achievement as 865 people all took the same exam.' Miss Wright, who grew up on her parents' farm in Moulton St Mary and has her own flock of Border Leicester sheep, spent a week at Harper Adams University, in Shropshire, studying and was also required to do an individual project – the subject she chose was sheep worms.
After taking five exams, under the Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Authority, Miss Wright is now a fully qualified SQP. The 22-year-old, who was also awarded two cups for her achievement added: 'In my job as an SQP I specialise in farm animal health, and I also advise on a range of treatments for horses and small animals.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a great job, so it's nice to know all that studying has paid off.'
Stephen Dawson, secretary general of AMTRA, said: 'SQPs are a fantastic source of free health advice for all animal owners. Anne-Marie is a great example of how committed SQPs are to improving the health and welfare of animals.'
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
Have you recently won an award? Or have you achieved something you are proud of? Email email@example.com.