Norwich homes could see cloudy or ‘white’ water
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Some people living in Norwich may see cloudy or “white” water when turning on their taps this morning.
Anglian Water said that some of their customers in Norwich and also Blickling could be affected by the issue.
Cloudy or white water is caused by small bubbles of air and will rise from the bottom of a glass upwards.
The utility firm said the water is harmless, and should clear if the water is allowed to stand in a glass.
Engineers are currently carrying out localised flushing in the area to remedy the problem.
You may also want to watch:
If cloudy water is spotted, Anglian Water recommends you run taps for 30 minutes to let the water flush its way through the system.
If the problem persists for more than 24 hours, call Anglian Water as they may need to flush the water mains to help rectify the issue.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 6 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 10 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job