Norwich homes could see cloudy or ‘white’ water
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Some people living in Norwich may see cloudy or “white” water when turning on their taps this morning.
Anglian Water said that some of their customers in Norwich and also Blickling could be affected by the issue.
Cloudy or white water is caused by small bubbles of air and will rise from the bottom of a glass upwards.
The utility firm said the water is harmless, and should clear if the water is allowed to stand in a glass.
Engineers are currently carrying out localised flushing in the area to remedy the problem.
If cloudy water is spotted, Anglian Water recommends you run taps for 30 minutes to let the water flush its way through the system.
If the problem persists for more than 24 hours, call Anglian Water as they may need to flush the water mains to help rectify the issue.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 10 Woman hunts venue for 200 people and Madness tribute after The Talk shuts