Sharon Van Etten to perform in Norwich
- Credit: Ryan Pfluger
Sharon Van Etten is heading to Norwich following her recent world tour.
The show will take place on July 1 at The Waterfront in Norwich with support from Esya.
Originally from New Jersey, Sharon released her critically acclaimed fifth studio album Remind Me Tomorrow at the beginning of this year.
Her personal life has seen a large upheaval - she became a mother, starred in Netflix's The OA, appeared on the latest series of Twin Peaks, wrote her first score for Katherine Dieckman's feature movie Strange Weather and started studying psychology.
These changes have been reflected in her single Seventeen which showcases bigger sounds, synths and sees her stepping out from behind the keyboard and guitar on stage for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Seventeen describes the chain reaction of moving to a city bright-eyed, hearing the elders complain about the city changing and then being around long enough to know what they were talking about.
DIY magazine says that it "confirms her position as one of her generation's most compelling voices".
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
The album Remind Me Tomorrow brings together her passions for music, new careers, projects and lifelong roles. Q Magazine described it as "magnificent… a glorious stride into the unfamiliar".
- Tickets to see Sharon Van Etten at The Waterfront in Norwich on July 1 are available for £22.50 advance from the UEA Ticket Bookings website