Ambulance crews have busy Bank Holiday weekend
Kim BriscoeAmbulance crews were kept very busy over the four day Bank Holiday weekend.From midnight on Friday, April 2, to midnight on Monday, April 5, the East of England Ambulance Service received 8,765 emergency calls.Kim Briscoe
Ambulance crews were kept very busy over the four-day Bank Holiday weekend, figures revealed today.
From midnight on Friday, to midnight on Monday, the East of England Ambulance Service received 8,765 emergency calls.
Neil Storey, associate director for emergency operations for the service, said: "From past experiences, the long Bank Holiday weekends are normally a busy for us and this year's was no exception.
'Paramedics throughout the service dealt with a variety of calls which included assaults, sudden illnesses, road traffic collisions, strokes and diabetic problems.'
You may also want to watch:
Over the weekend the control room in Norwich received 1,349 calls in the city, with another 1,075 calls for Suffolk and, 1,014 calls for Cambridge. The control centre in Chelmsford had 2,776 calls and Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire 2,551 calls.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools