Ambulance crews have busy Bank Holiday weekend
Kim BriscoeAmbulance crews were kept very busy over the four day Bank Holiday weekend.From midnight on Friday, April 2, to midnight on Monday, April 5, the East of England Ambulance Service received 8,765 emergency calls.Kim Briscoe
Ambulance crews were kept very busy over the four-day Bank Holiday weekend, figures revealed today.
From midnight on Friday, to midnight on Monday, the East of England Ambulance Service received 8,765 emergency calls.
Neil Storey, associate director for emergency operations for the service, said: "From past experiences, the long Bank Holiday weekends are normally a busy for us and this year's was no exception.
'Paramedics throughout the service dealt with a variety of calls which included assaults, sudden illnesses, road traffic collisions, strokes and diabetic problems.'
You may also want to watch:
Over the weekend the control room in Norwich received 1,349 calls in the city, with another 1,075 calls for Suffolk and, 1,014 calls for Cambridge. The control centre in Chelmsford had 2,776 calls and Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire 2,551 calls.
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale