Amazing weight loss for super slimming Great Yarmouth couple who dropped 11 stone
- Credit: Archant
A super-slimming couple who lost 11st 3lb between them said the secret to their success was spurring each other on.
Steve and Wendy Burroughs from Great Yarmouth shed the weight after joining a Slimming World group in Bradwell and have now become one of just 30 couples from around the UK to reach the finals of the organisation's Couple of the Year 2013 contest.
Steve, aged 56, lost 4st 13lb in total – going from 19st 5lb to 14st 6lb, while Wendy, aged 51, dropped an impressive 6st 4lb to go from 15st 1.5lb to 8st 11.5lb.
'Losing weight together made a huge difference because we were able to spur each other on every week,' said Steve.
'We eat so much more healthily as a couple now cooking homemade meals instead of relying on convenience foods.
You may also want to watch:
'Small changes like using extra-lean meat and low-calorie cooking spray instead of oil or butter have become second-nature.
'We're both more active nowadays too and regularly enjoy going for long walks, going on the treadmill and Wendy enjoys Zumba too.'
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
• Read the full story in March 22's Mercury.