Amazing weight loss for super slimming Great Yarmouth couple who dropped 11 stone
- Credit: Archant
A super-slimming couple who lost 11st 3lb between them said the secret to their success was spurring each other on.
Steve and Wendy Burroughs from Great Yarmouth shed the weight after joining a Slimming World group in Bradwell and have now become one of just 30 couples from around the UK to reach the finals of the organisation's Couple of the Year 2013 contest.
Steve, aged 56, lost 4st 13lb in total – going from 19st 5lb to 14st 6lb, while Wendy, aged 51, dropped an impressive 6st 4lb to go from 15st 1.5lb to 8st 11.5lb.
'Losing weight together made a huge difference because we were able to spur each other on every week,' said Steve.
'We eat so much more healthily as a couple now cooking homemade meals instead of relying on convenience foods.
'Small changes like using extra-lean meat and low-calorie cooking spray instead of oil or butter have become second-nature.
'We're both more active nowadays too and regularly enjoy going for long walks, going on the treadmill and Wendy enjoys Zumba too.'
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 7 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 9 Thousands needed to restore historic Norwich village sign
- 10 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
• Read the full story in March 22's Mercury.