Amazing weight loss for super slimming Great Yarmouth couple who dropped 11 stone
- Credit: Archant
A super-slimming couple who lost 11st 3lb between them said the secret to their success was spurring each other on.
Steve and Wendy Burroughs from Great Yarmouth shed the weight after joining a Slimming World group in Bradwell and have now become one of just 30 couples from around the UK to reach the finals of the organisation's Couple of the Year 2013 contest.
Steve, aged 56, lost 4st 13lb in total – going from 19st 5lb to 14st 6lb, while Wendy, aged 51, dropped an impressive 6st 4lb to go from 15st 1.5lb to 8st 11.5lb.
'Losing weight together made a huge difference because we were able to spur each other on every week,' said Steve.
'We eat so much more healthily as a couple now cooking homemade meals instead of relying on convenience foods.
You may also want to watch:
'Small changes like using extra-lean meat and low-calorie cooking spray instead of oil or butter have become second-nature.
'We're both more active nowadays too and regularly enjoy going for long walks, going on the treadmill and Wendy enjoys Zumba too.'
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
• Read the full story in March 22's Mercury.