Alpacas are stars of the show at hospital’s annual Christmas fair
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Christmas Alpacas and a Father Christmas in his grotto were among the main attractions at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as it opened its doors for its annual festive fair this week.
For the more grown-up visitors, there was the chance to see Richard Hughes, head chef at The Lavender House, and hospital head chef Jon Batchelor, demonstrate how to cook the perfect gourmet Christmas lunch.
Visitors, staff and patients were able to browse a variety of stalls, including books, toys, gifts, clothes and jewellery. There was plenty of seasonal food to buy including homemade cakes by Trust Treats, sweets from Norfolk Truffles and hot, roasted turkey baps by Serco. The hospital staff's impressive Christmas cakes for the annual festive baking competition were also on display.
Entertainment was provided by live performances from Busybodies Stage School, the NNUH choir, Scunsulata, Little Red Shoes and a performance of bell ringing by the Bellfolk Ringers.
Louise Cook, fundraising manager at NNUH, said a team of dedicated knitters had meant the hospital was able to have a handmade knitted toy stall, raising funds specifically for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
She said: 'However, we couldn't hold this wonderful event which is enjoyed by staff, visitors and our patients without the support of all the performers, Burnt Fen Alpacas, West Norwich Lions and Serco – we are incredibly grateful to all those who help.'
All proceeds raised from the event will go towards the hospital charity.
- 1 'I want to leave Norwich' - Mum's anger after school attack
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 4 Supermarket scraps car park plan over Riverside traffic fears
- 5 Norwich barbecue takeaway finally set to reopen
- 6 Anger after Sainsbury's driver smashes into tree
- 7 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 8 Norwich bank branch to close
- 9 Norwich Society's 'relief' over changes to Anglia Square plans
- 10 Car wash owner fined £1,500 for breaching Covid restrictions
•Do you have a health story? Email email@example.com.