All the fun of the fair as Hethersett Hall Care Home marks its 20th birthday
It was all the fun of the fair for a Norfolk care home's 20th anniversary celebrations.
Hethersett Hall Care Home, in Hethersett, marked its landmark birthday with a funfair-themed garden party on Saturday, August 18.
Residents, staff and guests commemorated the special occasion by enjoying all the traditional funfair favourites including rides like the teacups, and games like hook a duck and the coconut shy.
Banham Zoo also brought some special animals visitors, and guests also enjoyed a barbecue and ice creams.
Linda Flowers, a carer at Hethersett Hall Care Home, said: 'Everyone had a wonderful time and the weather was lovely. It was a lovely day.'
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett Hall Care Home's general manager Garry Gardiner said on the anniversary it was important to recognise the hard work of all of the centre's staff.
About the garden party, he said: 'It not only enabled us to celebrate the staff's hard work, but it was also an opportunity to thank the residents, their relatives and friends who have made Hethersett Hall Care Home such a loving home.'
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
Hethersett Hall Care Home is one of 220 care homes owned by Barchester Healthcare.
For more information about the home visit the Barchester Healthcare website at www.barchester.com
Is your community celebrating a landmark anniversary? Call Norwich Evening News reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org