Thousands head for dog's day out at showground
- Credit: Archant 2021
It was the event that set tails-a-wagging this weekend with more than 5,000 pet owners taking their four-legged friends for a doggy day out.
All About Dogs returned to the Norfolk Showground for a packed programme of displays, demonstrations and stalls to the event dedicated to all things canine.
From chihuahuas to Great Danes, boxers to cockerpoos, the first day of the show pulled in quite a crowd.
Matt Upson, All About Dogs director, said: "After last year, when events around the country did not go ahead, then in 2019 it was 36C which for a dog show is not good. It's been perfect weather.
"It's lovely to see people."
Some visitors were lining up to see their favourite four-legged Instagram stars or keen to have a go at one of the 50 dog show classes.
Mr Upson added: "It is a dog's day out. It does feel like the dogs know they're coming to All About Dogs, they look excited like kids at Disneyland."
- 1 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 6 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 7 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 8 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 9 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 10 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
All About Dogs will also take place on Bank Holiday Monday.