Alices chosen for Norfolk and Norwich Festival production
An eight-year-old Sprowston girl is among six young actresses selected to travel down the rabbit hole into the topsy-turvy world of Alice in Wonderland as part of a special theatrical event.
The event, Dining with Alice, is due to be held next month at Elsing Hall as part of the 2011 Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
It will be based around a Victorian style al-fresco dinner hosted in 'Wonderland' by a series of Carroll's favourite characters, including the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter, the King and Queen of Hearts, and Alice herself.
The actresses selected from more than 150 hopefuls were: Amelia Mason, eight, from Sprowston; Hannah Marjoram, six, of South Walsham; Chloe Watts, six, from Great Yarmouth; Nancy Dickinson, seven, of Wymondham, Millie Houchon, 12, from Lowestoft; and Lily Highton, 15, from New Buckenham.
The selections followed a series of auditions held at The Garage, Norwich, which sought to find six Alices of varying ages and heights. The successful actresses will share the role of Alice through the event as her height changes during her journey through 'Wonderland'.
You may also want to watch:
The producers are still searching for a seventh Alice... who should be six foot tall and have some acting experience.
They also hope to find volunteers aged 16-plus to perform at the event alongside the professional cast.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
To find out more about the roles, contact Susie Thornberry at Artichoke on 0207 650 7611 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The performances take place at Elsing Hall on May 12-15 and May 18-21.
• NNF11 runs from May 6 to 21. You can book online at www.nnfestvial.org.uk/nnf11, by phone on 01603 766400 or at the Norwich Theatre Royal box office