Alices chosen for Norfolk and Norwich Festival production
An eight-year-old Sprowston girl is among six young actresses selected to travel down the rabbit hole into the topsy-turvy world of Alice in Wonderland as part of a special theatrical event.
The event, Dining with Alice, is due to be held next month at Elsing Hall as part of the 2011 Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
It will be based around a Victorian style al-fresco dinner hosted in 'Wonderland' by a series of Carroll's favourite characters, including the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter, the King and Queen of Hearts, and Alice herself.
The actresses selected from more than 150 hopefuls were: Amelia Mason, eight, from Sprowston; Hannah Marjoram, six, of South Walsham; Chloe Watts, six, from Great Yarmouth; Nancy Dickinson, seven, of Wymondham, Millie Houchon, 12, from Lowestoft; and Lily Highton, 15, from New Buckenham.
The selections followed a series of auditions held at The Garage, Norwich, which sought to find six Alices of varying ages and heights. The successful actresses will share the role of Alice through the event as her height changes during her journey through 'Wonderland'.
You may also want to watch:
The producers are still searching for a seventh Alice... who should be six foot tall and have some acting experience.
They also hope to find volunteers aged 16-plus to perform at the event alongside the professional cast.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 10 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
To find out more about the roles, contact Susie Thornberry at Artichoke on 0207 650 7611 or at email@example.com. The performances take place at Elsing Hall on May 12-15 and May 18-21.
• NNF11 runs from May 6 to 21. You can book online at www.nnfestvial.org.uk/nnf11, by phone on 01603 766400 or at the Norwich Theatre Royal box office