Alices chosen for Norfolk and Norwich Festival production
An eight-year-old Sprowston girl is among six young actresses selected to travel down the rabbit hole into the topsy-turvy world of Alice in Wonderland as part of a special theatrical event.
The event, Dining with Alice, is due to be held next month at Elsing Hall as part of the 2011 Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
It will be based around a Victorian style al-fresco dinner hosted in 'Wonderland' by a series of Carroll's favourite characters, including the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter, the King and Queen of Hearts, and Alice herself.
The actresses selected from more than 150 hopefuls were: Amelia Mason, eight, from Sprowston; Hannah Marjoram, six, of South Walsham; Chloe Watts, six, from Great Yarmouth; Nancy Dickinson, seven, of Wymondham, Millie Houchon, 12, from Lowestoft; and Lily Highton, 15, from New Buckenham.
The selections followed a series of auditions held at The Garage, Norwich, which sought to find six Alices of varying ages and heights. The successful actresses will share the role of Alice through the event as her height changes during her journey through 'Wonderland'.
The producers are still searching for a seventh Alice... who should be six foot tall and have some acting experience.
They also hope to find volunteers aged 16-plus to perform at the event alongside the professional cast.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 Woman hunts venue for 200 people and Madness tribute after The Talk shuts
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 10 Petition to ditch new bus lane plan gathers pace
To find out more about the roles, contact Susie Thornberry at Artichoke on 0207 650 7611 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The performances take place at Elsing Hall on May 12-15 and May 18-21.
• NNF11 runs from May 6 to 21. You can book online at www.nnfestvial.org.uk/nnf11, by phone on 01603 766400 or at the Norwich Theatre Royal box office