Alfresco Shakespeare to play out in Ormesby
- Credit: Archant
Audiences in Ormesby are used to dealing with whatever the weather throws at them.
And this year will be no different as theatre buffs head to the Village Centre for their annual fix of outdoor Shakespeare.
Whether residents will enjoy The Tempest on a balmy summer evening or in circumstances chiming with the stormy title remains to be seen.
But on Sunday August 9 the players from the appropriately named Rain or Shine Theatre Company will strut and fret their stuff on stage whatever the weather.
The company's visit to the village has become an annual highlight in the community calendar as it tours the country visiting stately homes, castles, village greens and formal gardens.
You may also want to watch:
This year's offering is described as the Bard's 'magical and mysterious masterpieces' and as 'a play that encompasses comic capers, romantic encounters, villainous plots and a host of apparitions and spirits.'
Washed up on an unknown isle after a tempestuous storm at sea, survivors of a shipwreck are amazed to find themselves alive, without injury and wearing clothes that are dry and clean.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
For this is no ordinary isle. It is one ruled by a sorcerer who can control the elements, control minds and conjure up spirits at will.
'Be not afeard,' the newcomers are urged. 'The isle is full of noises, sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.'
Welcome to Prospero's island, a place where much is not as it seems and long held secrets will be revealed...
Tickets for the show are available via 01493 730178, 01493 730528, and 07764 945753.