Peek-a-boo! New eagle owl sighting in Carrow Road
- Credit: Lorna.S
Alfie is back! The famous Eurasian eagle owl gave one city woman a shock when he swooped on to her balcony and peered at her through the window.
The impressive bird escaped from his owners' home more than 18 months ago and has been at large in the riverside area near Carrow Road ever since.
Lorna, who is a volunteer at Norfolk Wildlife Rescue, heard Alfie hooting before he arrived to pay a visit.
"My partner and I heard the owl on the roof of the factory opposite our flat," she said.
"When we walked over to the door to take a look, he flew and landed on the balcony and carried on hooting.
"It is absolutely amazing."
Pauline Goss, who also lives nearby, has seen the giant bird almost every day for two months.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 3 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 7 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 10 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
She said: "I think he probably likes it because there are so many pigeons.
"At first I didn't know he was an escaped owl so didn't know who to tell but he's absolutely huge."