Alan Partridge to visit Norwich
Spoof radio DJ, TV presenter and one of Norfolk's most loved fictional characters is paying a visit to the city to sign copies of his new book.
Steve Coogan will be appearing in character as Alan Partridge at Waterstones in Castle Street on Wednesday, October 5 at 6pm where he will be signing copies of his autobiography, I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan….
Ben Richardson, assistant manager of Waterstones in Castle Street said: 'It is an event that has been building for a while. It will be amazing, he is a Norwich hero and it is perfect that he is coming back to his home town.
'We have been trying to get the event for a while. It's going to be a big event and we would like to see as many people as possible.'
Although it is not known for how long he will be at the Norwich store, Mr Partridge will be signing books for just one hour the evening before at Waterstones's Piccadilly branch.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Partridge used his Twitter account to list his demands for when he arrives in the city which included: 'Reserve right to use signature stamper or stand-in if hand gets over-tired, my table is to be positioned in Classics. Not TV, not Autobiography, not Bestsellers – Classics, and the chair is to be generously cushioned with proper lumbar support.' He also requested a hot meal after the event.
Waterstones press officer Jon Howells, said: 'It will be Alan Partridge signing copies of the book, not Steve Coogan. He will be in character.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
'We expect there to be a lot of interest. Alan has got a long association with Norwich and he wants to visit his home turf.
'We are very pleased to be having such a famous son of Norwich in our Castle Street store.'
It was announced earlier this year that Mr Coogan will be shooting an Alan Partridge film in Norwich next year.
'It's always been my plan to make Alan go global,' Coogan said at the time. 'It's what he lives for really, not just doing the show on Radio Norwich.'
People do not need tickets but are advised to arrive early to avoid disappointment. He will be signing copies of I, Partridge only; no memorabilia will be signed.
Do you know of a celebrity who is coming to Norwich? Contact Evening News reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a guide to what's on in the Norwich area, turn to p40 of tonight's Evening News, see Friday's Going Out magazine or visit our website at www.eveningnews24.co.uk