Alan Partridge to visit Norwich
Spoof radio DJ, TV presenter and one of Norfolk's most loved fictional characters is paying a visit to the city to sign copies of his new book.
Steve Coogan will be appearing in character as Alan Partridge at Waterstones in Castle Street on Wednesday, October 5 at 6pm where he will be signing copies of his autobiography, I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan….
Ben Richardson, assistant manager of Waterstones in Castle Street said: 'It is an event that has been building for a while. It will be amazing, he is a Norwich hero and it is perfect that he is coming back to his home town.
'We have been trying to get the event for a while. It's going to be a big event and we would like to see as many people as possible.'
Although it is not known for how long he will be at the Norwich store, Mr Partridge will be signing books for just one hour the evening before at Waterstones's Piccadilly branch.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Partridge used his Twitter account to list his demands for when he arrives in the city which included: 'Reserve right to use signature stamper or stand-in if hand gets over-tired, my table is to be positioned in Classics. Not TV, not Autobiography, not Bestsellers – Classics, and the chair is to be generously cushioned with proper lumbar support.' He also requested a hot meal after the event.
Waterstones press officer Jon Howells, said: 'It will be Alan Partridge signing copies of the book, not Steve Coogan. He will be in character.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 10 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
'We expect there to be a lot of interest. Alan has got a long association with Norwich and he wants to visit his home turf.
'We are very pleased to be having such a famous son of Norwich in our Castle Street store.'
It was announced earlier this year that Mr Coogan will be shooting an Alan Partridge film in Norwich next year.
'It's always been my plan to make Alan go global,' Coogan said at the time. 'It's what he lives for really, not just doing the show on Radio Norwich.'
People do not need tickets but are advised to arrive early to avoid disappointment. He will be signing copies of I, Partridge only; no memorabilia will be signed.
Do you know of a celebrity who is coming to Norwich? Contact Evening News reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a guide to what's on in the Norwich area, turn to p40 of tonight's Evening News, see Friday's Going Out magazine or visit our website at www.eveningnews24.co.uk