5 big comedy names announced for Norwich big top tent
- Credit: Archant
Get set for an unforgettable summer of comedy as a whole host of big names have been announced for Interlude in Norwich.
Norwich Theatre has revealed the latest comedians joining the bill for Interlude, a six week programme of shows taking place in a big top tent in Chapelfield Gardens.
It kicked off on Monday with Norfolk comic Karl Minns and there are plenty more acts bound to tickle your funny bone that are coming up.
Leading the latest line-up announcement is Al Murray, one of the most recognisable and successful comedians in the UK, who will perform as his alter-ego The Pub Landlord on September 14.
Other famous faces heading to the city are stand-up star Seann Walsh on August 25, who was also a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing in 2018, panel show favourite Suzi Ruffell on August 26, Simon Evans on August 27, who has a successful Radio 4 series, and award-winning comedian and presenter Russell Kane on September 4.
You may also want to watch:
Popular Norwich-based comedian Nelson Gombakomba will also perform as part of the programme on August 24.
Stephen Crocker, chief executive of Norwich Theatre, said: “After many months of lockdown, I think we all need some escapism and shows to make us laugh out loud.
- 1 Teenager suffers stab wounds in fight in Norwich
- 2 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 3 Hospital launches coronavirus vaccine trial
- 4 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 7 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 8 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 9 Water outages hit homes across city
- 10 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
“This incredible line-up, featuring some of the very best comedians on the circuit today and all favourites with our audiences at Theatre Royal and Playhouse, will absolutely do that.”
The comedians already announced for Interlude, organised in partnership with Lost in Translation circus company, include Jimmy Carr (August 28), Paul Chowdhry (September 3) and Rachel Parris (September 9).
There is also a number of shows that have transferred from the original programme intended for Norwich Playhouse, including national treasures Ruby Wax (August 23), Simon Brodkin (September 9) and Mark Watson (September 20).
Caroline Richardson, Playhouse director at Norwich Theatre, said: ”It is just wonderful to be able to programme shows for everyone who loves theatre, to have joy and laughter again.”
Buy tickets at norwichtheatre.org or call 01603 630000.