Air ambulance called to UEA campus due to medical incident
- Credit: George Thorley
An air ambulance was called to the University of East Anglia campus after a person was found unresponsive within its grounds.
Passers-by called emergency services at about 8am on Saturday, May 28.
An East Anglian Air ambulance landed at the scene near to the River Yare boardwalk and treated the person.
They received treatment and were then taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
It is thought they had regained consciousness before being taken to hospital.
A University of East Anglia spokesperson said: “We are aware of an incident on Saturday morning on campus, involving a person who was taken to hospital. We will be investigating the circumstances of this incident and offering support to anyone affected."
Eyewitnesses said the air ambulance crew remained at the scene for about an hour before taking off.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 9 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 10 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
Police and campus security also reportedly attended the incident.
The East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for information.