Agility and flexibility vital to telemarketing firm’s success
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/Corbis
When Laura Morrison founded Your Telemarketing in 2011, the business was built on her vision of supporting small and medium sized businesses with flexible and affordable telemarketing solutions.
She recognised that East Anglia's entrepreneurs needed business development support, alleviating time constraints and bridging a skills gap, to grow their businesses.
Since then the company has gone from strength to strength, expanding into new offices and now employing eight telemarketing agents.
And in a climate of continued uncertainty of how Brexit will affect the economy and employment, the Future50 business, continues to flourish, something she attributes to having a great team working with her.
'My staff are amazing,' she said. 'They are dedicated to each and every client that we work for, as well as supporting each other. The nature of our offering means that I am able to offer flexible working options to my team,' Mrs Morrison said. 'I'm delighted to say that of my team of 8, 7 work part-time, to fit in around their personal circumstances.'
The national average, according to the CIPD, of employees on flexible working is 54%. So Mrs Morrison is understandably delighted that more than 87% of the team are on flexible working. Part-time hours fit well with the company's business model, but more than that, the staff are more motivated, less stressed and can maintain their work/life balance.
'It also means I have a high staff retention rate', Mrs Morrison said, 'which allows me to continue to grow the business with well trained staff behind me. I'm so pleased to be able to offer employment in the local community.'
- 1 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Demolition of former Tesco begins as historic business returns to city
- 3 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 'It was inevitable': Neighbours' horror as crews tackle heath blaze
- 6 Posh hotel gets one-star food hygiene rating
- 7 Call for tougher action on 'inconsiderate' pavement parkers
- 8 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 9 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 10 Police hunt wanted man in Norwich
'In 2016 we were also selected as one East Anglia's Future50 businesses. Our success has been built on providing our clients with flexible, affordable telemarketing solutions and working as an extension to their own brand. We work closely with our clients to drive effective telesales campaigns that are tailored to the prospect base and designed to meet our client's targets and goals. Over the last five years we have completed telemarketing campaigns across numerous sectors, including accountancy, web design, vending, retail, logistics, coaching, delivering good quality leads and appointments.'